Friday, September 26, 2008

Gramma & Papa

My Mom and Dad visited last week and we had so much fun I forgot to take a single picture. Darn me.
But we did have a great time visiting some KC hot spots - Union Station, Crown Center, Science City, the Zoo, the T-Rex restuarant, Cabellas, McDonalds, McDonalds, Wendy's (nearly McDonalds again).

We even all headed out to Kearney for the Jesse James Festival. It was there that we experienced rednecks galore, $3 snow cones, oppressive heat, guys with 3 teeth (seriously), and music so loud it made you want to saunter over to the lurky carnie by the speakers and ask him to turn it down (which was requested of me to do, and I DID do because everybody ALWAYS asks me to do stuff like that. I'm like the "Mikey" of my family and friends). Sounds like fun right? Actually it was fun, in an after the fact kind of way. I mean if we hadn't of gone we would have never have gotten to experience this:



Mud volleyball. Maybe more like muddy puddle volleyball.
We didn't play. We DID stand there in stunned silence.

Thanks Gramma and Papa, we love and miss you already! Dad, next year bring your swim trunks. I've already got you signed up to play.

2 luvs:

The Wehrmeister's said...

It sounds like my kind of fun! I would have loved mud volleyball, pre-broken leg days.

Heather said...

I love events involving rednecks; they're the best form of entertainment. 3 teeth--does it get any better than that???