Thursday, March 18, 2010

Firsts

A bit ago (one day I will truly get caught up on my blogging and actually post things soon after they happen) Capri was involved in her first science fair. Entry was purely optional, but she was utterly insistent that she MUST do it. In her kindergarten class only 3 other kiddies did a project.





A couple days later Capri went to her first daddy-daughter dance. Jeff got the night off and the two headed for a country hoedown.



Here they are before the dance, and then after with all the gear they brought home. I gotta say, there is little cuter than a daddy and his daughter.

While it breaks my heart sometimes to see Capri getting SO big, and so much older, it is amazing to watch her grow. She is now my little pal, my friend in so many ways. When I make something, she is always the very first I want to show it to. When something funny maybe not so funny happens with Rome and Sable during the day, I love to chat with her about it - and she loves to listen. Capri is in all honesty a true performer. She loves to give concerts, writes her own songs (now she's started actually writing them down), and produces beautiful arts & crafts. Her creativity knows no bounds. She is by far the best reader in her class, devoted to doing well in school, kind to all and has tons of friends. She even has at least one boy in her class "in love with her", according to his mom. When she is at school, we miss her dearly. And when she is at home, we stand back and see what she'll amaze us with next. She is an awesome little girl.

6 luvs:

The Clarks said...

That's such a cute science project, I love it. My niece is such a cutie, and it's fun to watch all her interests and talents develop. Lots of love to a spunky girl! Love, Aunt Karen

elizabeth said...

I can't believe they do science fair projects in Kindergarten. The daddy daughter pictures are just precious.

Jan said...

This reminds me of another mom and daughter that I know . . .

Alonso Family said...

what a smartie pants! that's so great that she was so excited about doing that! please tell me she knows who Bill Nye is!

i loved daddy daughter dates, my first wasn't until i was in young womens though...i remember feeling so special. it looks like Capri feels the same way!

Alonso Family said...

btw, did those squirrels come right into your backyard..how cool is that?

Every Star Is Different said...

Go Capri!