Monday, August 17, 2009

The First Day. . .

. . .of the rest of her life.

That's how it felt. It's so huge. Starting school, for real.

Our kindergartener.


I didn't cry. She was too estatic with JOY to be going. It was impossible to be sad and teary eyed. But I knew I'd miss her.
And worry about her.
And wish she was there with us during the day.

And then she was gone.



Only 13 years to go.

4 luvs:

Emily said...

Cutest first grader I know.

Aby Runyan said...

I should have been a little clearer when I first posted, Capri is actually in Kindergarten. That's real school right? It seems pretty real since it's full day!

luvs, aby

Every Star Is Different said...

You'll do fine! Love her outfit. From the birthday right? Did you know there's a museum dedicated to those dolls she likes? I found an article mentioning it in Parents magazine.

Alonso Family said...

Sniff, sniff...sigh! I know exactly how you feel, Elora just had her first day of Kindergarten, too. I'll get around to posting about it soon I hope.