Monday, August 3, 2009

The Hook Up

We're back. We did everything we wanted to do, and MORE. It was an amazing trip, MANY posts to come.

But while I work on those, which will take a little while, I wanted to share this:


Our new across the street neighbor works for Kraft Foods. She is one of the nicest people I've ever met, truly. While we were gone she watched our fish and got our mail. Whenever we go to her house she gladly welcomes us in, giving the kids a thrill with her 2 cats, bunny and dog. While there yesterday, picking up Orion (the fish), she said she had tons of Nabisco foods in her house that she gets free from work. They're the ones that are unopened but are not sellable because the boxes are damaged. She asked if we'd like any, "Sure" I said "We LOVE free food!".

The pic is what she brought over, and said that anything we want to just let her know. "Cause I end up with pretty much all of it" she said.

Did we hit the mother lode or what?

6 luvs:

The Wehrmeister's said...

Can i move to your street. I mean I'd move there for Capri alone, but now Free FOOD!!! That's just another great reason!

The Wehrmeister's said...

P.S. I was the first to leave a comment...

aLi said...

That is so awesome! When I first saw the picture I thought you had bought all that food for only $1.37. I've seen a lot of those Grocery Coupon posts lately. And that's what their pictures look like. Funny funny funny. You scored even better though. No coupon clipping for you, just live on your street!

Lewis Family said...

WHOO HOO!

Every Star Is Different said...

I'm happy for you, but I must admit that my first reaction was to scan through ALL of the food to see if it was allergy friendly. Sadly, neither child of mine can eat anything in this picture.

But hey on a possitive note-Adam loves potato chips!

Josh said...

Wait a second, free triscuit crackers? Delicious triscuit crackers?! That is the mother lode. Now if only you could get another new neighbor who works for boursin cheese...