Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sable's Birthday

Sable turned two today and while I was so happy for her, it broke my heart to watch my baby turn a year older.

It's getting to the point where calling her baby is just a term of affection and not an actual fact. But I don't care. She'll be my baby forever if I never have another. She'll be 30 and I'll still be saying "Sable baby", she'll just have to deal with it.

Sable is kind and mischievous. She loves her siblings, and wants to do all they do - she's quick to let you know she does not want to be left out. While she isn't saying many actual words, mostly just names (she calls herself "happy baby") she can communicate whole thoughts and ideas with signs and gestures very well. We're all madly in love with her.

Since it was Sunday, we weren't able to do all the normal birthday day activities we would normally do - like Chuck E Cheese or going out to eat. We hung out and home and had fun there instead.

Red plate dinner.



Cake and ice cream. Even though she'd had her big party and cake the day before, we still ALWAYS celebrate on actual birthdays as well.



Birthday bath.



Jeff and I nearly killed ourselves putting together Sable's "BIG present", the Ikea bunkbed we'd had shipped from Utah. It SHOULD have been easy. But either we got a bad bed or something happened in shipping because all the slats that were supposed to easily slide into place refused to move at all. We spent hours pounding the things into place, Jeff was using FULL strength and still the darn (I'd LOVE to use a stronger word here) thing nearly broke us. But success, we got it together and pray it'll stay that way.

Sable in her crib for the last time. I nearly didn't let Jeff take it down.

"What if we never get to put it back up?" I softly cried. "I know" was all Jeff could say back.





We got the bed in the room, the room reorganized (mostly) and the sheets and blanket on. Then it was time for Sable to see her new bed, and actually GO to bed. Putting it together literally took about 6 hours.



She LOVED it.





So did Rome and Capri.






Happy Birthday Sable baby!

4 luvs:

Emily said...

Oh I'm crying! Cause I know what you mean..."what if we don't put the crib back up again?" How are our babies already 2? How did that happen?

On a happier note, the bunk beds look awesome. Well worth the 6+ hours you and Jeff put into assembling them.

The Clarks said...

Crazy bunkbed...I've never seen one like it where the bottom bed sits on the floor like that. I can't keep up with your blog, every time I look there's about 3 new postings! Sable's a doll, and I still think she's a little baby doll. :)

Every Star Is Different said...

Owen had almost the SAME exact crib. I think I noticed one minor detail that was different. Isn't that funny? Glad to see she's enjoying it!

Alonso Family said...

Yeah, I am so excited you were able to get that bed! My girls absolutely love it! I am sorry, however, to hear that it gave you so much stress trying to put it together.

I also had some stress but a very different kind. I couldn't wait for Eloy since he works all the time so I did it all by myself but the stressful part came from having to stop every so often to attend to my fussy children and then trying to pick up where I left off. It got confussing, luckily my slats fit fine. I was about half-way threw though before I discoverd that great little tool that holds the allen wrench. I kept dropping that stupid thing left and right, I was worried our renters below were going to complain:)

Alas, it was worth it. This bunk bed rocks!