Thursday, October 23, 2008

Anniversary - VERY belated post

I wrote this post back in September, but NEVER posted it. Let's blame it on "Mom brain" - yeah, that sounds good.
_________________________________________________________________

September 8th was our anniversary, SEVEN whole years. I'd say it feels just like yesterday that we were married, but I'd be a big fat liar so I won't. I mean come on, it HAS been 7 years and that's nothing to sneeze at.
I kind of can't believe everything that has happened in these last 7 years:

- September 11th (this actually happened while we were on our HONEYMOON in VIRGINIA. My maid of honor was at Reagan National Airport in D.C. TRYING to fly home the day the pentagon was hit. Needless to say, she didn't get to fly that day. Or for the next 2 weeks.)
- 2 states
- 5 moves
- 3 kids
- 3 C-sections
- 10 jobs
- 5 cars
- 1.3 million fights
- 1.31 million make-up kisses

Like I said, I'm no liar. I'm not gonna write that we've never fought, never disagreed, never looked at each other like the other one was CRAZY. Anybody who knows me knows that I pretty much lay it all out there. Like I said to a friend the other day, "I've told ALL of my secrets at least once to at least one person." So hopefully you'll believe me when I say that for each fight or disagreement we've had, we've always forgiven and forgotten and moved on.
I know that I've grown to be a better person because of knowing Jeff and being loved by him. And I hope that he feels he's grown because of me. I do know this for sure, we ARE best friends. We have fun together, we make each other laugh. We keep each other strong, and we work together (most of the time) to be good parents. We love our kids, we love each other.

Oh, and we love to eat. Therefore, for our anniversary we of course went out for dinner (and a movie, but the dinner was the part we were both really looking forward to). When we were trying to figure out what we should do for our anniversary Jeff said we'd probably end up doing our staple activity, dinner and a movie. When we couldn't come up with any other options he then said, "I wonder what other people do?" To which I said, "They probably think of doing whatever it is they really like. If they like music they end up at a concert, if they like scavenger hunts they end up at a mall looking at ties (you know who you are). We like food. . . we end up eating." So we did.
First we went to Journey to the Center of the Earth. I just couldn't bring myself to sit through the 2 1/2 hours of Dark Knight. Come on people, is it really the BEST action movie ever? REALLY??
Then we ate at a little Italian place we found online. We were really excited about how they use only ingredients imported from Italy, but were disappointed at how they put those ingredients to use. My pasta was so mushy that I really couldn't eat it, luckily when I told the waitress she didn't charge us for it. But the olives were DELICIOUS and the Caprese was great. And they had vinegar that was OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD.

In the end it was just good to sit, be still and quiet, and hold Jeff's hand. It's something that we don't get to do nearly enough, but it makes me smile and blush the same way I did over seven years ago when we first did.

I love you Jeff, times infinity plus three.


3 luvs:

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish we lived closer so that we could know Jeff better. We hope that your next seven years are as good as the last.

LaShaunna said...

Aby, Happy Anniversary! Is Erin our old roommate? Could you send her my email address so I could view her blog? klhepworth@gmail.com.

Jason Eddy said...

congrats, kids. The wedding seems like it was just the other day, in a way. Although, yeah, lots of changes for me and for you guys since the moment you took off for Williamsburg...and I followed you...after giving you a good hour head start, of course. Oh, and I went back to my house, not yours, obviously...anyway, ummm...Happy Anniversary! (although quite late) ;)