Saturday, October 4, 2008

Broken Arm Update

No gory details Dad, I promise.
Capri is doing great. She pretty much NEVER complains, no make that she NEVER EVER complains. Not even that it itches.
She had an appointment yesterday and her X-Ray looks great, don't panic Dad I didn't post it this time. Even though I should have because it looks pretty much like regular bones now.
She got a new cast, it's waterproof and bright orange -for Halloween she says. She can wear it in the bath, and in fact HAS to get it wet everyday so it doesn't stick to her skin. So far so good with it, again no complaints. The first thing she said when they took her old cast off? "It's COLD!" Meaning the air hitting her skin.
In two weeks the doc says she should be able to get out of the high arm cast and into a lower one so her elbow will finally be free. Then another two weeks and she should be able to get it off for good - seeing as there aren't any problems between now and then. That means she MIGHT be getting it off on Halloween day. Hooray! Maybe we can avoid the ever popular question which is sure to be asked at every house where we trick-or-treat, and that Capri refuses to answer, "What did you do to your arm??" She just looks at me. . . which doesn't look good!




PS - Last week Capri posted this sign on her door. She informed me that it says, "No people allowed". When I replied, "No PEOPLE?" She said, "Well boys and girls can go in." "Oh" I said, "You mean no adults." "Yes" she said, "NO adults."
Apparently I have a 5 year old going on 15.
Great.

7 luvs:

The Wehrmeister's said...

I love the dots on the letters! I also love the orange cast. I'm glad she is doing well.

Emily said...

Ok, I've never broken anything so I might just be out of the loop on all things cast-related, but I didn't know they were water proof. Is that new? Because I once babysat a little kid who had broken his arm and he told me that he couldn't bathe while his cast was on. Was that a lie? Cause he was a stinky kid.


I love the face with the "x" drawn over it.

emily and adrian said...

Those pictures are priceless...now THOSE will have you choked up one day.
Yay for the new cast...she's such a trooper!
Okay, Juliette begged me to write "Stay out of my room, please" and she put it on her door. They are already teenagers!
Oh, and by the way, it's YOU I'm worried about losing to another state or country...you guys can't go anywhere okay?!

elizabeth said...

I like the new cast. I would complain that I wouldn't get to bend my elbow. Good for Capri.

Alonso Family said...

oh, memories! i never got the colored and waterproof kind though until my last broken arm and then i choose hot pink. i am glad she is doing better and what a trooper to never complain...i know how those things can itch! it feels so good though when you can get it wet at least. i love Capri's sign on the door. Elora hasn't thought to make one yet although she has just straight out told me as much sometimes.

Alonso Family said...

btw, what is up with changing the entire look of your blog every week - you moody or what? i am thinking i will have to finally change ours when our little boy joins the fam, no more just raising princesses, eh!

ericareynolds said...

Your kids are so cute. I can't believe Capri is being such a good sport about her cast. Ella bugged me every day about when it was coming off. I was as excited or more for her to get that stupid thing off. I love that she looks at you when people ask her what she did. That's hilarious. I guess you'll have to stop beating your kids. Ha ha ha... Jackson has a black eye from an incident at the park so I know what its like! :)