Friday, October 10, 2008

Finished

Several days ago I finished the book I refuse to call by name. You all have heard the name ENOUGH in one lifetime anyhow.
My final thoughts on in it:

1. Too scary. Yes, I am a weenie. Those 50 pages of actual action were scary for me. Again, I admit to being a weenie. I don't like being scared. And Jeff was working so I had to be scared all by my lonesome.
How then did you ever watch the X-Files you may ask? Good question. I spent every year I watched the X-Files in a state of constant fear. It is a true testament to David Duchovoney's hotness and Fox Mulder's awesome character as to WHY I ever endured that show.

2. I REALLY REALLY REALLY didn't like what Bella did to her Dad. I don't care if he was in danger, that was just not cool.

3. Man is this book rigged for a sequel or WHAT?? You finish the darn thing are are left saying, "That's the end?".

4. I did get a little sick of how perfectly perfect Edward is. It makes him IMPOSSIBLE to imagine. Plus, I really don't like pretty boys. So I found myself imagining him looking a lot like Duncan MacLeod from Highlander. Now THAT'S perfection.

5. I liked it enough that I'm considering reading the next book. But I don't know. Mostly I'd read it because I ended up liking the side characters a lot. Alice and Jasper are great, so is Jacob. Really all the side characters ended up as my favorites. So I'd be interested in reading more about them. Course I'd have to wade through more descriptions of Edward's "perfect face" and "marble arms". That could be rough.

Your thoughts??

7 luvs:

Emily said...

You are hilarious. If you liked Jacob than go right ahead and read the next one. It's all about Jacob and his "special" self. (I say "special" because I'm not sure if it's book one or book two when you find out just what Jacob is. And I certainly don't want to give anything away. You know, since you're enjoying these books so much!)

Oh, and here's a suggestion. Next time you write anything about X-Files, Fox Mulder, or David Duchovny, maybe include a picture. I certainly wouldn't be offended.

Anonymous said...

Aby-I am just now tuning in to your blog because I am lame and never find the time to read everyone's. I can't believe you buckled. You read TWILIGHT?? Good for you. I kind of hated being inside the mind of a teenage girl again, she was so whiny, but all in all, it's a good read and I promise you'll like the 2nd one just as much if not more...

emily and adrian said...

I haven't cracked it open yet...I can't do it! But I will.

Erin said...

I agree, the side characters are great. I am actually a big fan of Jacob. More so than Edward even.

The Wehrmeister's said...

So many people said they hated book 2. I loved book 2. When I say "loved" I mean as much as I can love a book that doesn't have lots of pictures.

Well, I would love to give you some deep thoughts about the book, but I don't think it was made to be deep. Plus it's 1AM.

elizabeth said...

Way to go! If you don't like Edward, you'll like the second book. I also have The Host if you want. It's actually for young adults and not teenagers so the main character is not winy.

Alonso Family said...

hallaluja!

1. it's true you were always scared of being abducted by aliens, you silly girl, now you will have equally unrealistic fears about vampires sneaking around at night....you are so funny! as for me, i love being scared in the sci-fi world but not in reality, although i love Ghost Hunters and know it is all too real but it's sooo cool!

2. i know it was really rough what Bella did to her Dad but if you could think of another option that would work as well, i would like to hear it.

3. i finished it and was like... i am so glad that is not the end, far from it.

4. to each their own, i like Duncan but my imagination does such a better job with Edward, nothing could come close. i guess you need to learn to imagine the impossible, eh!

5. please do keep reading, the side characters are half the fun and they only get more so as the story goes on. you will love Jacob, he is always cracking me up when parts of the story are told from his perspective but that doesn't happen until the 3rd book...he is great, though. keep going and enjoy the ride! (feel free to speed read the descriptions of Edward if they bother you that much:)