Glory GLORY Hallelujah! Last friday Capri got a short cast and can now straighten her arm (no her arm is not stuck in a bent position, I just neglected to take a pic of it straight). She chose green to match her Tinkerbell costume she'll wear for Halloween because she WON'T be getting her cast off Halloween day like we hoped. In fact she'll have it an extra week, making it a total of 9 weeks in a cast. Bummer. Hopefully it will come off then and won't be delayed any more. The doctor told Jeff (who took Capri to her appointment, did a FAB job and then took her to the AWESOME Children's Mercy cafeteria afterwards) that in an adult a break this severe would have required pins and surgery. But in a little kid they heal so much easier that she was able to avoid them - but isn't able to avoid a long cast time. It's just not healed yet and as much as I'd like to see her free of the darn thing, I want her bones to be strong as steal when it comes off.
Capri of course is still a trooper about the whole ordeal. She really is a funny girl. She will cry ENDLESSLY about the tiniest of scratches and owies - but a broken arm, shed only a few tears. Seriously, she cried FAR FAR more the other day when she burned her finger on a lightbulb at a friends house. FAR MORE.
Golly do I love her though, how boring life might be without the drama that IS Capri!
PS - if it looks like her clothes are on backwards in the picture, that's cause they are. It was backwards day at school today, and she refused to switch them around frontways when she came home.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Short Cast
Posted by Aby Runyan at 11:47 AM
Labels: Capri, The Littles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 luvs:
So I guess Tinkerbell is the costume of the year...BOTH of my girls want to be Tinkerbell, so I bought two of the exact same costume. Joy. LOL.
Glad Capri is down to the short cast. She does look like she's being a great sport about it.
xoxo,
Adrienne
You're my hero Capri. Tinkerbell may be a popular costume this year, but there's only going to be one Tinkerbell with a sweet green cast. Oh, and I love the "Kris Kross" backwards look. You are the coolest.
Aby,
So good to hear from you. Your kids are adorable! It is so fun to find old friends. I'll send you an email with all the info!
Amanda
Post a Comment