Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program

The holidays are over, the decorations are put away (mostly), resolutions have been made (and broken), and life is returning to "normal". It's back to school, back to The Grove, back to McDonald's, Walmart, and the YMCA. But I can't say I'm sad. No matter how great the holidays have been, I'm always glad to see the tree come down and lugged back to the garage. I love putting up my Christmas village, and while I don't LOVE taking it down (it involves a lot of boxes and foam) I'm always glad to see the family pictures return to the mantle. This year the holidays were just enough, not too much to leave me headachy and not to little making me want more.

Jeff and I made our resolutions while eating at On the Border on New Year's Eve with the kids. What are they? I think I'll keep 'em to myself, I mean they are MY resolutions right? But I will say that they have to do with a desire to stop the jigglin' and gets to grinnin'.

Jeff and I went with the kids downtown yesterday to Science City, and then saw a show at the Planetarium. It was called "The Messier Sky" and was great. The universe is so BIG. Seriously, it's totally huge.
We've always had season passes for Science City and Planetarium shows are included along with access to the KC Rail Museum, and I'd highly recommend getting them. Science City is a lot of fun (don't go on saturday if you can avoid it cause it gets really crowded) and the Planetarium is top notch. If you've got a kid that likes trains, the KC Rail Museum will be like their Mecca. You can even get on a sleeper train and walk through it.
We headed home to the lovely tune of, "I'm HUUUNGRY", "I don't want to go home!", "I'm HUUUUNNNNGGGGRRRY!!!" Ahhh, melodious.

1 luvs:

Anonymous said...

Abby, this is an unrelated relative complaint...danger, will robinson. So, my mom says to tell you WE LOVE the Marco Callister DVD in theory but it is damaged and we can only play a few minutes of it -- Tena says the same about hers -- what can we do? We want the whole works, it's a splendid idea. Love, Joe & Mara P.S. How do you have the coolest kids?!