Thursday, January 29, 2009

Check It

Little Owl Basket

The sewing bug is creeping bag into my system after a semi-long hiatus. Sprung by the desire to figure out how to make felt food for the Cherry Blossom Market Playhouse I found for 75% off at Target, it became quickly obvious that the plastic food we have simply will not do. WILL NOT DO.
I found this fabric basket pattern in my search and had to give it a go. Tiny and cute it came out just swell. I didn't have the interfacing needed so I went ahead without it. It stands, but would be a little less wonky with it. Next one, bigger and less wonky for sure.


5 luvs:

The Clarks said...

nice work, Aby! I wish I had some sort of sewing talent. Unfortunately, we still laugh about my "teddy bear" attempt from a couple years ago. You do beautiful work! Love, Karen

Every Star Is Different said...

Look at you, so motivated and talented too. I have yet to conquer any type of sewing project. I was crafty as a kid, but now I applaud myself when I sew a button on Jason's shirts correctly. Perhapst his is due to the fact that my mother hired a seamstress anytime there was any sewing to be done. Someday... I'll get up the nerve to try it again, perhaps out of necessity.

elizabeth said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I could figure out how to make something like that. On Sunday, in my frantic attemp to try to find my matching shoe, I dumped out my entire sewing box. I really need a bag like that.

Lewis Family said...

I like wonky, and I hate interfacing. Good work, you!

Jan said...

Hey Kiddo, when did you learn to sew? I'm fairly sure that I never taught you! And to actually finish a project! Geeze, that is so rarely the case for me that I am doubly, no make that TRIPLY impressed.