Thursday, August 11, 2011

8 at Last

I think Capri has been waiting her whole life to turn 8, and she finally did it. It's the first birthday one of my littles has had, where I didn't feel bad to see them get older. OK, maybe a little - but not like I usually do. Eight makes perfect total sense for Capri. It'll be 9 that kills me.

First stop, free bakery treat at Barnes and Noble. If you haven't signed up for their kids club you are missing out. Every birthday they get to pick any free treat at their cafe, totally free! Where does that exist any more?



Capri got a blondie, it's all of the littles favorite so I had to buy another for the others to share.





Picking out new jewelry at Forever 21 in Zona Rosa. Capri was so adorably cute all day. She was gushing, everything was "beautiful" and "wonderful" and "the best". Of course she's usually like that, but she managed to add even more adjectives in this day.





The heat finally abated enough so we could spend some time at the playground, we hadn't been for weeks.















Wishing.










If there is one thing Capri is, it's gracious. She will always make you feel wonderful about the present you've chosen for her. She will always try to make you feel wonderful in general. It's a true talent she has.







I've never before seen a child so excited about receiving a set of scriptures. She picked them out online and was waiting to receive them for months. Constantly I would hear, "I just can't wait to get my quad!"

When picking it out I asked her if she wanted me to only put "Capri Marina" on the cover because one day she would be married and Runyan would no longer be her last name. She actually surprised me by how adamantly she DID want Runyan on the cover as well. She told me "Mommy, no matter what I will always be a Runyan. Even when my last name changes."



Going to Build a Bear was her big special activity for the day. Jeff actually got to go too, it was his first time there. He found it to be just as much fun as we do!






After Build a Bear we headed two doors down to the Grove play area. It was a great day and everything that Capri had asked for.



Happy Birthday Capri! We are so proud of the amazing girl you are!

1 luvs:

Alonso Family said...

Elora has wanted her own set of scriptures for a while now, too but i just kept telling her that she'll get them for her 8th birthday when she is old enough to get baptised. now i can't believe it is almost that time. looks like you had a very Happy Birthday, Capri. i love what she said about always being a Runyan...she really is the most gracious child i have ever met.