Monday, August 8, 2011

California: The Wedding

My littlest brother Dan is married. Married!



He married his high school sweetheart, Erin. She's gorgeous and wonderful. I'd hate her if she weren't so totally lovable.

Usually Erin doesn't hold her hands in such an awkward way. But I LOVE this picture for her profile and hair. I was very jealous of her hair. My wedding hair left a lot to be desired.





They were married on April 23rd in the Califronia Redlands Temple. My parents were more than generous and flew us ALL to California for the wedding and an extended vacation. It was such a fun trip (more on that later).

The Redlands temple is so surprisingly beautiful. Not that all temples aren't great, but this one really blew both Jeff and I away. The grounds and the interior are stunning. It was a gorgeous day, and I gained a sister. Words can't really express how I feel about that.



Me and my 4 brothers: Spencer, Dan, Josh, Rob.



Why oh why did I wear all black? What on this very green earth was I thinking?! And an ugly black outfit at that. I will never, ever, ever, EVER wear this outfit again!

Erin's parents on the left, mine on the right. Erin's parents are such wonderful people. They have embraced our extremely loud and often obnoxious family with open arms.





After the temple, there was a reception and ring ceremony at my parent's rental house. Capri and one of Erin's cousins, Natalie, were the ring bearers. My Mom made their dresses (along with Sable's that you see in other pics). The dresses were beautiful and the two girls were equally so.





The decorations were all gorgeous, Erin's colors were lavender and lime. There was tons of absolutely delicious mexican food, seriously I still dream about the guacamole sauce.











Rome with Uncle Rob.





Sable with Uncle Josh.



We danced till it was dark. We danced till after Erin and Dan had left. We danced till they shut off the music!





Cake!



Ready to leave for their honeymoon. They stayed one night at the La Quinta Resort and then jetted off to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for a week.



Congratulations Dan and Erin, we could not be happier for you!

2 luvs:

Alonso Family said...

looks like a blast! she is a beautiful girl and Dan is a lucky guy! i think he knows it, too:)

Alonso Family said...

btw, you are beautiful, too. even in black:)