Capri and Sable had a joint birthday Fiesta after the baptism. With the power out when we left the house I was praying that it would be on when we got home. The whole house had already been decorated, everything was there. Moving the party would not be possible. We needed to do a bunch of cooking for the taco bar and with all the people coming we really needed the air conditioning. Driving home from the church all I could think about was how much we needed the power to be on. But I was trying to tell myself to roll with the punches if it wasn't. As we pulled on to our street I was scanning for ANY evidence of power. Glory be, the neighbors had a porch light on! We opened our door and felt the AC. That was it, the tears started immediately and I made a beeline for my bedroom. I fell on my knees in thankful prayer. Honestly, I was beside myself with joy and thanks.
The fiesta was ON!
Taco bar! (Mostly consumed by the time I took this picture.)
Cupcakes!
Friends and family!
Pin the tail on the donkey!
Presents!
It was a massive unwrapping with presents everywhere. Even Rome and Oz got a belated b-day present each. Uncle Jon, Aunt Katie and their kids picked out such fun stuff for them both.
Adorable kids!
Pinata!
This is our "super duper safe" (I say that as sarcastically as possible) solution to not being able to do the pinata outside because of all the mud and sticks in the yard from the storm.
It actually worked really well and was HILARIOUS to watch. Luckily nobody got hurt and everybody had fun. You can't see it in the pictures but all the kids and adults were instructed to stay behind a coffee table I'd moved to behind "the hitters". But try and imagine keeping 16 kids and 12 adults back at a safe distance. Honestly it's amazing nobody got smacked!
Singing!
All done! (And tuckered out.)
We successfully made it through "birthday party season". Phew.
Till next year!
No more exclamation points.
I promise!
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Fiesta!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 luvs:
that looks like a madhouse yet a very funhouse! thank heavens for electricity and that no one was hurt, of course.
Post a Comment