Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baptism

Capri was baptized on the 20th. It was a wild and crazy ride to that baptismal font I'll tell ya!

Jeff and I stayed up late the night before setting up, preparing for a big birthday party to take place after the baptism. At about 1:30am a HUGE storm suddenly started. Very high winds and tons of rain poured down. Soon the power began to flicker. That's happened before, but this time it flickered on and off at least a dozen times before going out for good. In the 6 years we've lived here, we've NEVER lost power without it coming back on in a few minutes. There was still lots to do to prepare for the next day and some was stuff I definitely needed power to do! Capri woke up about 30 minutes into the storm. The kids usually never wake up during storms but I think Capri was already on edge, nervous and excited about her baptism. Jeff and I worked on what we could by candle and flashlights. Then Jeff headed to bed. I did the dishes in the dark, with Capri holding a flashlight as best she could. Then I had no choice. I headed to bed too, hoping the power would come back on in the night.

It didn't.

In the morning I did my makeup next the the kitchen door for the light. We all got ready as best we could, there would be no flat ironing my or Capri's hair! And then we were off to the church. We prayed on the way that the power would be on at the church so that we could actually go through with the baptism. Thankfully the power was on, but NOT the air conditioning. We got everything set up and started right on time.



Capri was beautiful and SO excited.



Like Sable's shoes? I didn't notice she had flip flops on until we were walking into the church. Way to go Sable!



With Gramma and Papa (my parents, more on their visit later).



Baptized and the newest member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



The baptism went so wonderfully. Except for it being hot, everything went just as planned. The Grandpas gave the talks and both were exceptional. Capri sang the song "When I am Baptized" and sounded wonderful. She was nervous and a little shy, but did an amazing job.

When I went into the changing room to help her, she proclaimed "I did it! I'm baptized!" They were the words I'd been longing to hear.

Congratulations Capri! We are so proud of the wonderful decisions you are making every day!

2 luvs:

Every Star Is Different said...

Congratulations Capri! What a special day. I still remember my special day. It changes your life forever. You looked absolutely beautiful.

Alonso Family said...

what a Gorgeous Girl! i am so glad to hear about your wonderful day, congrats!