Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Monster Mash

Oz turned 1 on July 9th. We threw him a "Monster Mash" cause he really is our little monster. He is an amazing growler and yeller. But he's a cute, nice monster not an ugly, scary one.





I really love the colors I used, they were so perfectly bright and cheerful.



I made monsters for all the party guests. They turned out really cute and it would have been even cuter if I'd remembered to get a group picture of all the kids with their monsters. Darn.



I made a huge pillow monster for Oz. It wasn't until I was TOTALLY finished (it took some time because I did a lot of hand stitching) and had set it on the fireplace that I realized the resemblance to Spongebob. That REALLY annoyed me and was not at all on purpose.



Eating snacks.





Oz loved opening his presents (and eating them too).





Thanks for the basketball hoop Gramma and Papa!





Our main present to Oz was a tunnel, isn't it great with the bright colors? He LOVES it!







I made Oz a large version of his treasured little brown blanky. He actually found the fabric in a pile of fabric, unsewn the day before. He was SO angry when I took it away from him. Try to explain to a nearly 1 year old that they can't have what they think is theirs till tomorrow. Now the "big brown blanky" is his favorite possession. I can totally understand this. I still sleep with a blanky, not my original childhood one - that one I totally wore out to literal shreds. The one I have now was snatched off an airplane nearly 15 years ago, back when they actually had blankets on airlines. It's my blue blanket and the one thing I don't share. For real.







Hesitant at first. . .



. . .it didn't last long.






Playing with birthday toys in a new birthday outfit.



Our baby is 1, it can't be true. In fact, all day I was saying to Jeff that "he just doesn't seem 1, we must have his birthday wrong!" But I suppose he is, even if it kills us to think about.



Balloon through banner game, hilarious of course!



Happy Birthday Oz, our family would not be the same without you!

4 luvs:

Emily said...

will it offend you if i copy every detail of oz's bday party? what a cute idea! and those little monsters you made...adorable!

i have a special no-share blanket too. cali was always trying to snuggle with it, so one day i had my mom cut it in half so i could give half to cali. biggest mom sacrifice i've ever made. ever.

Karen said...

This party is SO cute. How do you come up with this stuff?!? Can I hire you for Topher's next birthday??? I can't believe Oz is one, either. That just seems impossible.

Every Star Is Different said...

Happy belated birthday Oz! I can't believe how much effort you put into this party. I love the little monsters. They are so adorable. The spread looks amazing and I LOVE the color choices. I wouldn't doubt at all that the tunnel was a huge it. Owen received that same sports center toy for his first Christmas a LONG time ago. It holds up really well.

Looks like you have put on another fabulous party!

Alonso Family said...

another birthday, i missed. man, you sure know how to throw a party. i love seeing little OZ grow! happy b-day little man!