Monday, April 20, 2009

Stories From the Street: Fish

Last night Jeff got a call wherein the dispatcher told him there was a large Swordfish in the middle of a street.

"What??" was his response.

On arriving at the named street he found this:

A Paddlefish.

Nearly 4 FEET LONG and 40 - 50 lbs., Jeff put on his gloves and hauled it out of the middle of the street over to the curb.

While lugging the beast, a driver stopped to tell Jeff there was ANOTHER fish on a nearby street.

No, he has absolutely no idea how they got there.

Just your friendly KC cop keeping the streets safe . . . from one of the largest freshwater fish in North America.

***NOTE***
I have just been informed, by Jeff himself, that there were actually TWO paddlefish at the first location and then a third on a street a couple blocks away.

7 luvs:

Lewis Family said...

Aaaaw, some poor big game fisherman lost his catch of the day... twice.

The Clarks said...

Way to go Jeff...any longer and they would have morphed into giant man-eaters. You just saved KC from the plot of a terrible horror movie. :)

Every Star Is Different said...

I read this post this morning at about 5:30 AM while up with Adam. Rubbing my eyes I had to take a double look to see if what I was reading was really on your post. Then I laughed and laughed some more. Finally I went upstairs back to bed and told Jason. He laughed too. They must have been on a delivery truck of some sort and fell off. Or perhaps they were filled with drugs or something. Did they smell? Are they edible? I'm so intrigued. Jason and I were talking on our way home from Delaware how badly we want to come out and visit you, but don't know how the boys would handle the trip or where we would stay. Every time there's another cop story on your blog, Jason goes off again about how many questions he has for Jeff about his job, what he sees and what he does. Hopefully some day soon we can make this trip a reality!

aLi said...

oh my goodness! I can't wait to tell Josh!

Every Star Is Different said...

Okay so you're kidding about Jeff's job and the end of the month right? I really hope you are, if not... Oh my goodness! I guess that's what happens to the most amazing people, they are tried and tested and tried again. Sometimes I just wish there were would a calm in the sea before another storm blows. We will pray!

elizabeth said...

Are you serious? That's the craziest thing I've heard.

amy said...

Holy cow (holy fish?). That's the best thing I have heard in a long time. Jeff is changing my paradigm about the life of a cop one hilarious story at a time. In fact, he's starting to make me think I missed my calling...