CONTEST CLOSED

A few posts back, 7 as you may be able to deduce with some simple subtraction, I hit my 100th post. I actually didn't even notice.
But #107, now that's something!
So I'm going to go for the gusto and offer up a prize (it's gonna be a GOOD one) to a randomly selected commenter of THIS post. Leave as many "luvs" as you please - think of them as free raffle tickets, the more you leave the better your chances.
My reputation with the post office is not very good. I can go for months and months and months without setting foot in the cursed place. The post office and the shoe store are the two guaranteed places my kids will completely lose their minds and turn into snarling, shelf destroying maniacs.
However, this time you have my promise I will mail the winner their prize in a timely manner. Maybe I'll even mail Annie her prize from way back when (ok, nearly a year ago). It's been sitting on my dresser for, well, months and months and months.
REMEMBER - the MORE comments you leave, the greater your chances of winning. A comment can be any length, even only 1 word!
I'll pick one winner Tuesday morning using the Random Number Generator online.
luvs and good luck!

468 luvs:
Congratulations on the 107 post. That is impressive. So consider this comment more as an e-mail than a comment, just because there's not much to comment on but some things I wanted to share. So the cupcake bedding came in from Walmart and I am terribly disappointed. That whole post about quality verses quantity... yeah, it definitely proved itself here. So this being the only option of cupcake bedding, except for one in Australia which I'm not going to pay shipping for, I've gotta change plans. Again, words can not describe my disappointment. That being said, she is still having a cupcake themed welcome party and will still be our little cupcake in as many ways as I can find. (I just had an idea, go with a plain or patterned comforter and highlight with cupcakes...hmmm I wonder if Jason would go for it.) Jason and I have been looking at bedding and have it narrowed down to three sets that don't have cupcakes. But still VERY disappointed I can't bring myself to choose one yet.
We started our adoption class on Thursday, well I did, Jason couldn't go because of work, but will for the remainder of the time. I get to make a portfolio/scrapbook of our family with loads of pictures of our home, kids, backyard, car, etc... so the worker can show it to her before she comes to help her get excited and not be so nervous about her new family. So that's my next task...along with redoing two rooms, finding new bedding etc..
Okay, so I hope you're enjoying conference weekend! And by the way I totally agree with the post office thing and shoe stores. It's nuts. Unfortunately I have to go to shoe stores with Owen. His feet are so narrow it's so hard to find shoes that fit him. Needless to say he's needed new shoes for about two months now and I just keep postponing the dreaded event!
Ummmm, how are you picking? Do I have a better shot if I do lots of luvs, or does it need to be a looooong luv? I'm not sure if I can compete with Renae's luv. We don't have anything really exciting going on here.
I'm going with quantity over quality.
Keep in mind that I NEVER get mail. Even most of my bills are on-line. I'll go days without anything in the mailbox.
Wouldn't it be fun to mail something to TEXAS?!? Ever done that before?!?
So I'm not going to be out written by Emily, even though I have no idea who she is. Although she looks absolutely gorgeous from her picture. I just sent you an e-mail about coming up with a title for the book I'm writing. Yes, I'm writing a book, and because you're so great at writing, I'm going to ask for help, if you're willing. So I hope you're up for it!
Did I mention that I'm not the competitive type? It's true, but I've seen your work and I REALLY like it. Plus, technically you already are going to mail something to my house-the gift from the last challenge, so it would make sense to mail another one to the same address right?
Jason and Owen threw me a birthday party today. It was so much fun. I was really impressed. Of course more details will be posted on my blog later. I'm just trying to think of things to tell you about in comments, since that it the challenge. My birthday is not today, but is on Thursday. Hey, when is your birthday? And everyone else's in your family for that matter. It might be fun to know these things.
Jason is weirded out that I am being so competitive, especially since I haven't even received a gift from you yet from the last challenge. I keep telling him I like your gifts.
For my birthday I received my new Easter table decor. I'm so excited. It's from Williams-Sonoma. Of course I'd love the place settings too, perhaps when they go on clearance. But then again after those conference talks about wants verses needs, I don't know if I could bring myself to do it. That darn guilt.
Jason doesn't think I should be even elible to receive this prize because I already have one coming. Don't listen to him.
I've thought of one more thing to write about. Pots and pans. I received pots and pans as a bridal shower gift way back when. They are okay pots and pans, but definitely cheaper than not. While I was fixing Jason's birthday dinner last week, a strange, yet familiar smell filled the kitchen and then our home. Nothing was burning. In fact I thought it was just the broccoli or something, since previously while cooking broccoli the same smell filled the kitchen. Wrong! My pots were MELTING! I examined the one and it was pretty bad. Then I decided to exam the others and they were the same way. Just a few months ago I had my faberware glass casserole dish explode-literally it did. Thank goodness Owen was on the other side of the room when it happened. Now I have melting pots. There's something wrong here.
Needless to say, (Jason is freaking out because I am writing so much), I had to buy new pots and pans. My first thought, since I cook SO much was to go to Williams-Sonoma. Then I looked at the prices. Yeah, $1600 for a set. I don't think so. Next I tried Crate & Barrel-$500 for a set. Still, even with our tax return, I didn't want to spend that much, especially since it was so unexpected. So I looked some more. I found a set by Cooks! through JCPenney. It was rated 4.9 out of 5 stars. Comments were wonderful. It was even compared to Williams-Sonoma pots and pans. The original price was $319.00 It was on sale for $129.00. Of course it wasn't available on-line so I called the largest JCPenney store around to see if they had it. After looking they said they had 1 more left, but it was missing one pot out of 4 (a size I didn't have anyways) so it was marked down to $99.99. Having actually looked at coupons before calling I noticed I had one for 15% off and asked if that would apply. They said no because they were already having a sale that offered another 20%. So... I bought my new pots and pans set for $80.00. How cool is that! It's my deal of the week! I love them too by the way.
So I think that's enough posts for now. Jason says this is an addiction and I need to stop. Plus I've gotta make dinner. I'll check the count later!
Renae and others who might be confused -
there is no "challenge" to tell me something about yourself. Though it's great to hear! Your comment is merely serving as a number, like a raffle ticket. When I close the contest I'll use a random number generator to select a post. You could have 100's of posts if you'd just split up your comments more.
Like I said, comments don't have to be any more than 1 word to count. Got it??
luvs, aby
PS - Renae, I have ONE YEAR to get my gimme's sent out. ONE YEAR!!!
I'm not complaining about the Gimme's. Jason just says I shouldn't try so hard at this one because of the gimme contest.
I'm not very good at leaving short comments. Sorry.
It's true, I REALLY don't raise my voice with the kids except with those words. Like today Owen pushed over his tool bench onto Adam.
I did not get your e-mail about the cupcake quilt.
I won't be disappointed about the blog about gifts. It's really fun to see what people give and how it is received. Not to mention it's fun to learn more about what you like.
Okay, last comment-Jason is really surprised at Jeff and the whole gift giving thing. He says that Jeff used to be REALLY good at that stuff.
Hi Aby.
Will
my
prize
an
American
Girl
Doll
heard
you
have
been
saving
up
for
one.
for
letting
Capri
and
play
on
Friday.
The
kids
had
soo
much
fun
and
got
all
of
my
chores
taken
care
of.
Are
you
going
to
enrichment
on
Tuesday?
am
planning
on
going
It
is
at
Sis.
Patterson's
house.
is
a
service
auction
Okay
I
think
that
I
am
about
done
adding
my
comments
I
hope
you
enjoyed
reading
them.
is
harder
than
thought
would
be
to
leave
comments
that
are
just
one
word
entries.
Maybe
will
some
random
words
before
I
finish.
elephant
Austria
bed bug
noodle
quack
restraining order
knee highs
hostile
blueberry
rhino
library
Italy
muffin
percocet
plastic surgery
sweet potato
banana
rocket
drunk
scriptures
Lara Croft
Tomb Raider
bath
rubber toes
lettuce
ham
rolls
mashed potatoes
bundt cake
remove
scarred
for
life
swimming
lessons
YMCA
yodeling
leftovers
clogging
bratwurst
bratwurst
new roof
Short Sleeves
pedicures
lump crab meat
bowling
sky diving
sky diving
doggy
Holy Hannah! How am I supposed to win when you have 180 some odd comments!?!
I'm back
Did you miss me?
Hola
hi there
Sunshine
Am I at 200 yet?
Twister
St. Louis
upside down
janitor
slip n' slide
Man whoever those Wehrmeister's are, they really want to win this thing...well i will show them...here we go...
man, look what i have to do in order to get a present from my BFF j/k but i really better win this thing j/k no i am not j/k yes i am
oh and hey Wheitmisters don't even think of trying to catch up to my number of posts cause i work an 8 hour graveyard shift tonight so i got nothing but time:)bring it on!
oh and hey Wheitmisters don't even think of trying to catch up to my number of posts cause i work an 8 hour graveyard shift tonight so i got nothing but time:)bring it on!
oh cool i accidentally posted the same thing twice...score!
of course what would really suck and just be my luck is that some punk with only one post will be the one to win...that would be crap and i would call for a recount or drawing or whatever but that would just really suck, don't you agree Wheatmaster's?
sorry Whearmiller's, i really mean no offense this is just my competative side showing and it can be ugly but i am really a nice person and i know you must be too since you know and love Aby as much as me....no wait i love her more! sorry but that is a fact and i will fight anyone who claims different...doh sorry again.
i also much apologize for the misspelling of your name but i am going for quanity here not quality and i just don't know how to spell it, or spell in gereral actually or even how to type very fast so deal with it.
and if you hadn't notice i am also lazy when it comes to punctuations but when it comes to making posts i am not lazy, i can go all night long!
oh i am really hating how this little comment window can't be made larger instead i have to keep scrolling up and down every time i comment, stupid $#%*% comment window.
i was going to type something but i forgot what it was
opps time for a potty break
not mine btw, it my potty-training 3 year so that just cant wait...oh but me i can wait...all night long...okay maybe not but i am quick so no worries
i don't know how to type out the tune to Jepordy (or once again how to spell) so you will just have to think of it in your head while you wait
ok that took longer then expected but she went number 2 so we had to sit and visit and sing songs...good times:)
okay well now i have to go pick up my 5 year old from preschool but don't you fear i will return and it will be with avengence but only if necessary...out
i just realized how my emails this is going to cause
okay no where was i?
23
Post a Comment