Today we spent near to the entire day with cousins, an aunt, and a Mar-Mar. That would be Cathy, Jeff's mom (of course her name to the grandkiddies would HAVE to be something marble-like, it's only right). Cathy was taking her turn watching Jon & Katie's (Jeff's brother and his wife) kids the triple A's - Aubrey, Anders & Ammon. Cathy was watching them while J & K are in Mexico. Our turn is coming up.
No pics cause my camera was full. FULL. But Cathy took a bunch so maybe I'll have to steal some for posting later.
First to the library for story time.
Then to McDonalds for noisey crazy play, and lunch.
Afterwards to Zona Rosa to play in the fountains. Jeff's sister Regina and her two kids joined us there. This is where I was VERY much wishing I had my camera. So many cute picture opportunities with SO many cute cousins about. Regina jokingly called it "cousin camp".
It was at least 100 degrees so even us adults had our feet in the water.
This is NOT a pic of the cousins, it's just a stock photo from the Zona Rosa website for those out of townies who've never been.
When we'd had enough we walked over Cold Stone for ice cream and another fountain. Again, this is a stock photo.
Regina wanted to go to Gymboree, in the new addition area. We decided to join her, so off went Cathy with the triple A's and the rest of us walked to Gymboree. Next to the store we found a new fountain. We weren't that surprised, Kansas City is the City of Fountains so they are literally everywhere, but we were excited cause this one is really cool. No stock pic, and no real pic. The best way I can describe it is frogs with crowns shooting water from their mouths in the center. Then four frogs separated on either side of the pavement that shoot water over the pavement into the main fountain. It is VERY cute, check it out Kansas Citians if you haven't already.
I of course spent way too much money at Gymboree and then we finally said goodbye to the last of the cousins.
You'd think living so close to so much of Jeff's family that days like this are typical. They are NOT. Busy lives, schedules and differing desires keep us all apart much too often. So today it was good to get all these kids together for a day at the fountains.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Cousins
Posted by Aby Runyan at 6:13 PM
Labels: Cousins, Me, Outings, The Littles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 luvs:
How fun!!!! I am having grandparent's over for a week (next week) and we will have to go to the frog fountain. Thanks for the tip, Aby!
Fountains, I honestly can't think of one we've ever been to anywhere.
I'm glad you had some fun at Gymboree. That place is death to a wallet though, but SO cute!
Post a Comment