Was just swell.
For breakfast, the littles and I made Jeff eggs and cinnamon rolls. No, not homemade. I don't roll that way. Ha.
Raced to church where there was no way I could have been prouder of my primary chorus.
They. Were. Amazing.
We worked hard and prepared three songs: "The Dearest Names" (2nd verse) which I taught the kids the signs for, "Daddy's Homecoming" with all the motions including a VERY big "great big kiss!", and a slightly changed "Teacher, Do You Love Me?". We did it as "Father, Do You Love Me?".
"Teacher/Father" is a TOUGH song. Hard to read the music, hard to learn, and includes an adult part. But it's beautiful and so touching that we committed ourselves to learning it. We were able to get 4 Dads to sing the adult part, including Jeff. The Dads were great, the kids were awesome.
There were many tears in the chapel, including ones from me.
How I wish that it was OK to sometimes sneak a Flip into Sacrament meeting!
Home again and I made turkey sandwiches, awesomely delicious fruit salad with peaches (Jeff's favorite), and chips.
The kid's were DYING to give Jeff their presents.
Boy do I hate when I have to use the camera flash, it puts a shine on EVERYTHING & everybody's skin looks so un-lifelike. Blech.
After presents it was naps. For Jeff and Sable that is.
Later, I made egg noodles boiled in beef bouillon topped with marinated thin round steaks and tri-colored peppers. Ghiradelli brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.
I love this man/Daddy/husband/best friend.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Father's Day
Posted by Aby Runyan at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 luvs:
What a great Father's Day. I am soooooooo impressed that you did the Father Do You Love Me song. I knew you could but things are always scary when you're working so hard to get them ready. Good work! I wonder what La Quinta ward did?
What a busy Father's Day. I'm impressed at all that you did. I know overall it really wasn't too much but still.
I love your creativity with the primary songs. It's so nice to have variation and someone daring enough to try something new. It definitely breaks up the usual traditions.
So what did the kids get Jeff? I saw a bat but I couldn't really tell what the other gifts were. Of course I didn't blow up the pictures either.
Post a Comment