This place is AWESOME. I found it online today while looking for a different nature center. It's in Swope Park, by the Zoo.
Free. Huge. SO well maintained. Tons of animals. Two bald eagles. TWO. Great kid's play area with a puppet theater, puzzles, coloring.
The hiking trail is one of the neatest we've been on. Huge limestone rocks that run down a long part of the trail, and train tracks so close by you can FEEL the trains pass.
Jeff's always asking me, "Do you want ME to take your picture?" But hey, I'm getting pretty good at the stick your arm out self portrait.
We kept finding these teeny frogs.
Mountain Jeff.
We'll be back. A LOT.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Lakeside Nature Center
Posted by Aby Runyan at 8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 luvs:
It looks like so much fun! And yes, you are getting good at taking your own picture. Much better than I am anyways. I love the pictures of Jeff jumping.
wow, what a mountain goat Jeff is! I'm glad you went to this place so I could see all about it. I read about it online, too, and was wondering how appropriate it would be for my boy's age level. It looks like your kids had a blast, and how fun!
Post a Comment