Gramma & Papa (my Mom & Dad) have come to town. They are EQUAL to celebrities in the little's lives, and their arrival has been greatly anticipated and spoken of at least a dozen times a day for months.
Tonight we had a massive bar-b-que with corn, peppers (red, green & yellow) and turkey burgers filling the entire grill. The kids entertained while the food cooked with a GRAND tour of the house covering every square inch (which my parents HAVE been to several times), and a water fight in the backyard.
Golly the weather has been gorgeous these last couple days.
After dinner, and saying goodbye to Jeff as he headed to work (he'll miss pretty much their entire visit), we loaded up and headed to Coldstone for dessert. I'd forgotten about Thursday night concerts at Zona Rosa, so it was an extra treat to listen to "Minnie the Moocher" while we ate our ice cream.
The littles got wet in the fountain, Sable got soaked. Off to The Grove for a quick romp, Papa watched Capri, Rome and a mostly naked baby while Mom and me made a quick dash to Marshalls for a new outfit.
Wish I'd brought my camera, the shot of Rome and Sable holding hands while walking to the fountain would have been gorgeous. Hopefully Gramma got it.
Smiles all around.
More to come. . .
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Day 1 - "They" Arrive
Posted by Aby Runyan at 10:18 PM
Labels: Gramma and Papa, Me, Outings, The Littles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 luvs:
I love Coldstone Icecream. Anytime we go to the Carousel Mall we get some. Obviously we don't go very often.
I'm glad the "littles" make the visit so worth it and enjoyable!
Testing!
Sounds like fun! When are you going to come and visit the fam in Vegas?
I got some cute shots that I'll send via email - it will take several emails to get them to you so be patient!
Did you guys get a new camera? Regardless, your pics look great!
~Holly
Post a Comment