Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stories From the Street: Were you in a movie?


Jeff has been told he looks like a LOT of people. If you missed the post with his list of "credits" check it out here.

Last night he arrested 4 Mexican gang members on request of the Gang Unit. He loaded them into the wagon (where most arrested individuals go to get carted off to detention, unless they are particularly clean and not unruly and then they can ride in a regular police car) and then proceeded to check their cuffs. All KCPD officers have their own cuffs, which belong to them, and that they want to get back. Anyway, there was a cuff mix-up and so Jeff was trying to figure out who's were who's.

One of the gang members looked at Jeff and said, "Hey were you in a movie?"

Jeff just smiled and went on checking.

"Because" the gang member went on, "you look like you could be a Hollywood cop. You look like you could be Dan Akroyd's partner".

His gang buddies agreed.

We're not totally sure why Dan Akroyd is the Hollywood cop of choice to Kansas City Mexican gang members. Is Dragnet a popular flick in their circle? Do they threaten rival gangs with the saying, "Just the facts!"?

I suppose we'll never know.

Seeing as we have no immediate intention to join a Mexican gang.

5 luvs:

Every Star Is Different said...

Despite where the question came from, it must be nice to have someone think you look like someone in the movies. And well with Jeff's past... I hope he enjoyed the compliment!

The Wehrmeister's said...

Dearest Aby,

I miss you too. I don't remember you being late for Paige's playdate, because I remember you warning me in advance that your children are not "morning people" and that you would get there when you could. That doesn't count for being late.

I will post a picture of my house, once I get countertops (so in 3 weeks)

Maybe you should march to Called to Serve? (Although I'm sure my marching would be frowned upon in most Primary Rooms)

Love,
Jen

p.s don't forget to come visit. you know you want to!

Lewis Family said...

HAHAHA! That poster you put up does look a bit like him! That is pretty funny...

elizabeth said...

Yeah, I could see that.

Alonso Family said...

that is very interesting...Jeff should go "undercover" and join a Mexican gang to find out. Why not? they can't be that bad if they like Dragnet, right:)