Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Four Year Old In The House

Rome turned four, FOUR, on Mother's day. The day before he had a "Race Car Party" with family and friends. It turned out just right for our little, well now not so little anymore boy.






The Races






The Winners



Cake, Pinata, & Presents








Birthday Boy



Once everyone had gone home we insisted on keeping one of our favorite girlies, Emma Barker, for a while. The kids held court in the front yard sun.

Rome is a kid that when most people meet him they come out of it saying, "He's the nicest kid ever". And they're right, most of the time he is. Right now he's discovered the word "NO" in full force. He's sensitive and shy, two things that are also showing more and more. But he's always good for a snuggle and quick with a kiss. He's the kind of boy you can just tell will grow up to be a really good man, husband, and dad. I can't believe he's four already.

Since his birthday was on a Sunday this year we did his birthday activity and dinner after his party on Saturday. He requested, "sports". That's it. He just wanted to go play sports somewhere. So we did. Frisbee, soccar and a little baseball at English Landing Park. It was a gorgeous day and we even found time to throw rocks in the river after the. . . sports. I forgot the camera and was none to pleased about that, there were some great shots to be had. We had dinner at Cedar Cafe in Parkville. It's got some great Mediterranean food, I even got Capri to try some hummus. Sable woofed it down.

Sunday, admist all the Mother's day hoopla, we gave Rome his presents from us and made brownies for his birthday cake.



Happy Birthday Rome!

Bonus Pics: Rome on his last birthday, turning 3. I CANNOT believe it's been a year.

And for that matter, I can't believe it's been a year since Jeff has worn this uniform on the streets of KC.

4 luvs:

The Clarks said...

What a fun party, nice cake. I love Rome's hair when it's a little shorter like that and kind of spikey...way cute. I'm starting to see Jeff in his face, too. Thanks for all the great pics!

The Wehrmeister's said...

Your party was a hit! Tommy had a blast and still insists on showing everyone his ribbon. Thank you for inviting him, you really made his... whole year. (no exaggeration this boy is easily pleased).

Every Star Is Different said...

Okay so this is going to be a long comment. I just have so many questions to ask and so many things to say. First questions:
1. Did you make the cake?
2. Who made the race track?
3. The pinata-it looked like people pulled strings to get it open, not hit it? Where did you find that?
4. How many people did you have at your house for this thing?
5. Was it family or friends or both?

I never once heard you talk about any prep for this thing. Normally birthday parties take me forever to plan and sometimes reallys tress me out. How did you handle all of this?

So I was kind of bumbed that the pictures weren't larger on the post. I blew them up so I could study everything. I hope you don't mind. I think I've figured out your decorating style (for you house that is). Oh, and the birthday banner-did you make that? It's beautiful. I love it! The decorating for the party was great. I studied each and every piece to see what you did and to also keep for ideas for Owen. I think Rome and Owen would get along great, once Owen is old enough to understand the word share.

So let me get this right, you had a birthday party in the afternoon or morning and then a family party that evening? Wow! That had to be exhausting! It looks like he really liked it though.

Thanks for sharing everything!

Alonso Family said...

happy birthday to the nicest kid ever! oh what a difference a year makes...he is getting so big, too bad he's discovered the N word:) As for you Aby, i can't believe you forgot your camera...unforgivable:) jk, something like that always happens when you've got your plate not just full but overflowing..love ya, ya busy lady. at least your not to busy to blog, right!