Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 4 - Teddy Bears and Goodbyes

After church, where Mom got to watch me wave my arm around (yet again like a crazy person) in Primary, we hurried home to take advantage of every last second Gramma & Papa would be in town.

BBQ with hot dogs, fruit, etc. for lunch. Taco feast for dinner.

Play, play, play.

Gramma worked her tail off on a Ladybug cake topper for Sable's b-day party. It's gonna be SO cute.

The kids and I made a "Teddy Bear" party for Gramma, her birthday is June 2nd. Cupcakes, treasure hunt, and presents. The kid's were so excited to do it for her, even insisting we had to turn out the lights and yell surprise. Even though she'd been in the next room while we decorated, and had stood next to me while I made the "cub cupcakes", and had been told EVERY day since she's come that we're throwing her a Teddy Bear party.




Needless to say, saying goodbye was hard. We waved and waved from the front porch as they drove off. Then stayed outside for a while to feel the cool breeze and stare at the half moon.

It was a good visit, and they'll be missed.

Till next time. . .

5 luvs:

Jan said...

OK, I have already checked flights schedules/prices for a return trip this summer. Maybe August? We'll see. Thanks for a GREAT party! When was the last time I blew out candles on a cake . . . nope . . . can't remember. Thanks again Capri, Rome and Sable. Oh, and the Birthday Party Queen, Aby!

Every Star Is Different said...

So I must admit I was shocked to see what your mom looked like. First-she doesn't look old enough to be your mother. Second-Wow! I guess that's just not what I expected. Not that I expected anything. I can definitely see where your kids get some of their looks now. I can't wait to see what your dad looks like!

Cute birthday party. Did I see German Chocolate Cupcakes? Perhaps I should make some of those soon. I'm glad Day 4 went well. I can't wait to read about the rest of the trip. I've been dying to hear how it went all weekend. I admit I have no life.

aLi said...

oh my goodness those german chocolate cupcakes look scrumptious.

I am green with envy over how much fun and yummy food you've enjoyed over 4 days!

emily and adrian said...

Your Mom is so pretty...and seems so young! that means you have good genes, yeah!!!
Glad you enjoyed their visit.
CALL ME SOMETIME! I know that's hard for you, but we miss you guys!

Also, we are securing a location for JuJu's bday but we want to make sure you guys will be in town for it. June 27th? It's a Saturday. Let me know!

Alonso Family said...

Happy Birthday, Jan! you look like you were in heaven with your grandkiddies and you also look as beautiful as always!