Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Still Looking

**NOTE**
I just want to clarify, I'm not at ALL saying that I don't like my kids once they're not babies anymore!
Goodness sakes.
Yes, I am a self admitted baby addict. But I love my littles every single day just the same as the day before.
No wait. . .more.

__________________________________________________________

I know I've said it before.

But sheesh.

Why do they have to grow at all??

I just. . . miss them.

I miss the babyhood.

I miss the squeaky giggles, the squishy cheeks, the round tummies, and the bright eyes at everything cause it's ALL new.

The other day in the car Capri asked me how babies were made. She's asked this before, but this time she really wanted to know the WAY.

I believe in telling the truth, and just giving the facts.

But she's 5.

"Remember sweetie?" I said, "Babies are made by a mommy and daddy who come together in love."

"But Mommy, HOW do they MAKE them??"

Usually I'm not one for panic. In emergency situations I actually get calmer. I feel my "survival" mode click on.

I almost panicked.

Luckily she got distracted suddenly.

I was saved.

However, Capri does NOT forget about things. Like the "pig blanket" that my Mom is supposed to be making for her, but hasn't finished because of a yarn color problem. That's right Mom, she asked about it the other day.

Next time I might not be so lucky.

And I'll say. . .

3 luvs:

Every Star Is Different said...

Cute. You gotta love those innocent questions. I won't write the thoughts in my head right now, but I'm sure you know what I'm thinking about and questioning. But I will say, if you want a baby, you can come visit and take care of Adam all you want. (As long as I get him back!) I'm kind of babied out at the moment. I love Adam, but the kid is exhausting! I'm ready for a Mommy break!

The Clarks said...

Don't get me wrong, I love my little man, but I think your kids are at great ages. Like I said, if I could have a 6+month old, I might want another one. :) I'm guessing the old "I'll tell you when you're older" answer won't fly? I would just make up a crazy answer myself, but I like to tease little kids. :) It was great to see all of you! K

Hillary Sperry said...

HAHAHA! You first!