Today was Capri's dance recital.
Phew am I glad it's over.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these recitals. . .for the kids.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching my little girl for the few minutes she's on the stage.
I HATE HATE HATE the stress that comes with trying to make everything work. Rehearsals, parking, costumes (losing a costumes piece during rehearsal and then finding it at HOME that night), and worst of all - getting seats.
The Music Hall where the Diane's School of Dance recitals are always held is historic, huge, and beautiful. It's also downtown which makes parking oh such a JOY. The grimy expensive lot across the street is where we always end up. Yuck.
There are no tickets for the recitals, and no assigned seats.
"Who cares?" You say.
"It's just a little kid's dance recital." You continue.
"What can possibly be the big deal about getting seats for a dance recital?" You INSIST.
You've obviously never been to a DSOD recital, with the hundreds of people that show up early to stand in line and then elbow their way into the Music Hall in an effort to not only get seats but to get something like 20 seats for their HUGE group that is coming to watch their kid.
This year I had my Mom with me to help and the presence of mind to go check the line for the balcony.
Good move on my part.
For some reason there were only a few people (with large groups they were holding seats for) in line. We were all able to talk and figure out exactly which area of the balcony we wanted.
I narrowly plunked our bags into a balcony box.
You're not supposed to save seats at a DSOD recital. We did anyway. So did everybody else.
I left Mom to guard the seats while I took Capri up to the 5th floor (ugh, I climbed those steps more times I care to remember) to get dressed and all made up.
Boy did she look gorgeous.
And OLD.
The Finale
Capri did such a great job, was so enthusiastic, and SO incredibly cute.
I avoided tears, but only because I cried at the dress rehearsal.
It was so amazing that ALL the grandparents were there, she's a LOVED little girl.
Afterwards: Jeff to home (he's such a trooper and an AWESOMELY amazing Dad to come to the recital with only a couple hours sleep), then to Pizza Street, back home for Rock Band and Wii Sports.
More to come. . .

3 luvs:
So I was trying to study Capri's dance shoes. I noticed she was in tap? And then possibly Jazz, modern or ballet? The black ballet shoes are hard to pin point because they're used in so many types of dance. Sounds like she has a GREAT teacher. I would love to see video footage. I am or should say was a dancer. I started in ballet at 4 or 5 and danced all the way through school, including college. Of course some was musicals, some was professional instruction, but I LOVE TO DANCE! It's too bad Jason doesn't dance. I did take tap for a couple of years but mostly ballet and jazz. Although I did have a private instructor for hip hop one summer and did get some modern instruction too. College was filled with swing, ballroom etc... What I'd give to do that again. It's my goal to look good in a leotard again and possibly take some adult classes once I'm back in shape and we can afford it. I can't wait to have our little cupcake dancing too! That is if she wants to. Congrats to Capri! Was EVERYONE really there?
That is a huge dance company. I remember getting dressed up for dance recitals. It was my favorite. Capri looks so cute.
super cute dance outfits, oh i soooo wish we could have seen the show live! where was your video camera during all this, Aby? Capri looks like she absolutely loves it and no doubt she lite up the stage!
Post a Comment